At Savoir we believe all dogs should enjoy being groomed which is why we suggest that grooming starts as soon as a puppy has completed its vaccinations which is around 12-14 weeks. The sooner you familiarise them with being groomed the happier your puppy will be.
Congratulations on your new arrival!
Some Tips To Make Your Puppy's Grooming Experience More Pleasurable
- Touch your puppies feet and rub your fingers between their toes a couple of times a day
- Show your puppy its brush and comb and let it sniff it briefly, brush the coat several times then reward your puppy with a small treat and/or verbal praise
- Play with your puppies ears by touching them inside and outside
- Use the handle of a spoon to rub gently under the eyes and over the nose, this simulates the same feeling as scissors
- Open your puppies mouth and touch its teeth and gums
Love and patience are the key to years of successful grooming!!